Student Training Portal - Help
Student Portal Technical Guide
Important note for Microsoft Edge web browser users: We do not officially support the use of Microsoft's Edge web browser due to how that browser handles Flash content. While many of our online training courses use HTML5 and will work with Edge, we have courses that use Flash which Edge will not run as well as expected. Please use Edge at your own risk. We recommend Chrome, Firefox, or Internet Explorer 9 and higher (see notes below.)
Remote Computer Access
With your permission, a member of our support team can use our live remote-assistance tool (GoToAssist™), to view your desktop and control of your mouse and keyboard to help resolve your technical issue. Once the session is closed, the GoToAssist™ access cookie is removed and we no longer have access to your computer.
Determining which version of Flash Player you have installed
It is STRONGLY RECOMMENDED that your computer have the latest version of Flash. Not only does it better help with your overall course-taking experience, but it will provide extra security against viruses and malware that target outdated versions of Flash.
- Click this link to determine your current version of Flash: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/find-version-flash-player.html
- Under section 2 on that page, the version number should look something like:
Your Flash Player Version: 11.7.700.202
- Under section 3 on that page, you can find the latest version of Flash for your computer and operating system. Continue down to section 4 on that page to install the latest version of Flash if you don't already have it.
If you are still having problems with Flash, please contact us at 1-888-601-2018 Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 6:00pm CT, or email us at email@example.com.
Email Spam Blockers
The Student Training Portal generates a number of emails to communicate course enrollment and forgotten password requests.
If you do not receive an email, it is possible that your email provider has blocked the email as spam. Many email programs provide a “white list” or “safe sender list”. Email addresses on this list will not be considered to be spam.
Add the following email addresses to your whitelist to ensure that email from the training portal arrive in your inbox, and not in your junk mail:
To ensure full course functionality, your computer will need to meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Windows XP, Mac OS X 1.9 (Mavericks) or higher
- Persistent, high-speed internet connection with at least 1.5Mbps download speed
- Speakers or headphones
- Pop-up blockers must be disabled
- Cookies must be allowed
- Adobe Acrobat Reader 10 or higher
Web Browsers that best support HTML5
- Windows: Internet Explorer 11, Microsoft Edge (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mac: Safari (latest version), Google Chrome (latest version), Firefox (latest version)
- Mobile: Safari in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Apple iOS 10 or later, Google Chrome in Android OS 4.4 or later
We are gradually removing Flash from our online training courses. However, some older courses may still require Flash to run properly. You will be prompted to enable Flash if your browser has it disabled. The best recommendation we can make is to keep Flash up to date due to various issues with security, etc. See your local IT team if you have questions or concerns about the use of Flash in your organization.